Email not working :(

Dear all,
I have successfully carried out a protein-protein interface prediction calculation using the web server.

After job submission I received the message: “You will be notified on the status of your docking run by email to nelgho@gmail.com” but after completion (which I could follow via the online link) I never received any email.

I have been monitoring my SPAM folder as well as all folders in my gmail account. Can anybody explain what may be going on? Thank you!

Just tested - emails are being sent (and I am receiving them fine).
So the problem does not seem to be at our end.

I created another account with a different email address and again I am not receiving any mails, aside from the first two confirming that the account was created, which at least confirms that my email is valid. What could be going on? Any way someone on your end could check a sort of log?

Nothing wrong in our log files.
Email are sent to gmail accounts without problems (I just tested)

And otherwise contact us directly to provide your HADDOCK credentials/email to haddock.support@gmail.com

Problem solved - was another server giving email problems.

Dear all,

I am submitting my jobs to to HADDOCK2.2 Multi-body interface but not getting the email:

You HADDOCK docking run has been added to the queue

I checked my email-box, it is active and I can receive the emails.
Could you please take a look why I am not getting the status-update emails

My HADDOCK ID: 5046414253

Thank you for your time,
Marija

Dear all,

I have a problem since yesterday that I am not getting notification emails after submitting to HD2.2 Multi-body interface:

neither You HADDOCK docking run has been added to the queue
nor You HADDOCK run has finished

I have checked all possible folders (including Junk Email) so I am definetly not getting the notifications, although I saw that the last job I have submitted yesterday is already finished.

My HADDOCK ID: 5046414253

Could you please take a look on this problem.

With best regards,
Marija