HADDOCK 2.4 local installation

Hi everyone,
I am trying to install and run HADDOCK 2.4 on our local Ubuntu 18.04 server. I’ve followed the steps suggested in the installation guide, I think including all the requirements. Now I’m trying to run the tests included with the HADDOCK distribution files and specifically the one located under tests/protein-peptide. I’m for now ignoring the run script in
order to have the simplest case scenario, so I just run:

. ../../haddock_configure.sh
haddock2.4

I get the following error:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../../tools/results_processing.tgz'

the file seems to exist, but it is a link to “none”:

protein-peptide$ ls -l ../../tools/results_processing.tgz
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 May 29 09:13 ../../tools/results_processing.tgz -> none

Looking at the installation script, here it’s where the file is created:

echo "Setting up results_processing.tgz to " $POSTPROCESS
cd tools
if ( -e results_processing.tgz ) then
  \rm results_processing.tgz
endif
ln -s `echo $POSTPROCESS` results_processing.tgz
cd ../

Meaning the link is created because of this line in config.local:

set POSTPROCESS=none

I can’t find this results_processing.tgz file anywhere in the original distribution, or searching on the internet, so I’m not really sure how to tackle this. Do you know what might be the problem?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi Matteo

This missing results_processing archive is not needed (only a server thing).

We have already updated the installation script to avoid defining it.
You can safely remove the empty link and also remove the POSTPROCESS entry in the config.local file
Note that this has been corrected in our June release of the code (if you want that version email me).

The installation script should look like:

#!/bin/csh

Clearly something went wrong pasting the script… Simply remove the link in the tools directory and things should be fine (repeat that in case you rerun the install script).

I’ve removed the link as you recommended and it seems to be running now.

Thank you very much for your help!