Hi! I'm Bernardo Henriques

Hi everyone!
My name is Bernardo Henriques, I’m a masters student from the Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon.
I’m currently finishing my thesis which focuses on targeting proteins with halogenated drugs as a new strategy to probe halogen-bonding hotspots. Moreover the most promissing drugs can be used as lead compounds for further lead optimization.
I like to be with my friends and family, play videogames, series/movies and traveling.
Nice to meet you!

1 Like

Hi Bernardo,

Welcome to the Summer School. Nice to meet to you.

As you are working with drugs and you talk about using compounds for further lead optimization, I’d like to ask you: do you have any collaborations with the industry? No need for details, as that might be confidential. But I maybe some people in the course might be interested in knowing more about the industry, so if you have any insights about how the working in industry is, we could hear a bit about it. Many PhD students spend a lot of time thinking what to do after the PhD.

@piv plays videogames as well, maybe you can exchange some recommendations

See you soon!

1 Like

Hi Bernardo,

Nice to meet you! I recognised your research topic…do you and @Andreia work in the same group by any chance?

I’m sure we’ll have a chance to discuss video games! Since lockdown I’ve been playing Apex Legends and it is easily the most frustrating game I’ve played recently. I’m not used to playing against other players and it is stressful! What kind of games are you playing at the moment?

See you next week!

1 Like

no, unfortunately I’m not affiliated with any industry.

yes, we work in the same group. We are really excited to be able to take part in this summer school and learn new tools that certainly will help in the furure!
Regarding videogames at the moment just play gta 5 every now and then.

1 Like

Cool!

I’ve heard very good things about GTA5. I saw a post on Reddit recently that joked “GTA has everything you wish you could do on the Sims. The Sims has everything you wish you could do on GTA”!

I haven’t played a GTA since vice city - the radio channels were always a highlight of the games!

1 Like